Tuesday, February 9, 2010

100 day

was a lot more fun last year.

In first grade you (meaning your mom or dad) have to attach 100 items to a piece of clothing and wear it to school.

I LOVED my friend Jess' suggestion to glue 100 googly eyes to a t-shirt. However, Harrison rolled his 2 eyes at me and nixed the idea when I told him about it (3 kids in his class, plus his teacher must have thought it was cool - because apparently, they were sporting this look today!)

We attached 100 pieces of ripped duct tape to a pair of khaki pants to look camouflage...and surprisingly, it looked great! But then the tape started to peel, and I knew the moment Harrison sat down, he'd leave half his project on his chair.

My friends with girls smugly told me about their flower stickers, sequins, buttons and bows. That was helpful.

Finally, we settled on 100 clothes pins. No gluing, taping, stapling or sewing required! YES!!!

7 comments:

Lizzy said...

As a 1st grade teacher, I try to make it simple for the parents. In fact this year, I forgot to tell them it was 100's day until after the fact. I had activities throughout the entire day for my students and thought that was sufficient.
--Lizzy (I'm a friend of Monique.)

Tifani said...

Great solution!! But I would have liked the eyes better, too.

Patty Gianfelice said...

Closepins, what a fashion statement. Great Idea.
Mom

Jess said...

Love the clothes pins! We just had to throw 100 things into a 2 liter bottle. I drank the Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper and let Maeve do the rest! :P

The Frosts said...

Brilliant. I love the low-maintenance of it. Ok, where is that hoodie from? I love!

Kristi said...

genius!

I don't remember doing much for my kids 100th in school, if anything? It just passed for Lily with zero fanfare, but then she is in 5th grade. hmm...

Hilary said...

the clothespins were a great idea! I love your posts, they always make me smile!