Saturday, September 3, 2011

1+1

Yes, I'm sad to see them growing up...but I have to confess that after a summer of non-stop fighting, I couldn't wait to ship these two off to school.


Sawyer was very excited about starting Kindergarten. I'd be even more excited myself if the class time was longer then 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Harrison is pretty reluctant when it comes to school, but he was excited to meet his new teacher and hopeful that she'd be nice enough not to give them homework on the first day.


I love that my guys will now pass each other in the hallways!

Since our district doesn't bus for Kindergarten, I had the perfect opportunity to walk Sawyer in and snap a picture with his incredibly sweet teacher. You know the type - she's been there forever and everyone loves her.

And it wouldn't be the first day of school without the pencil cake!





Here's to a great school year ahead!!!

3 comments:

Patty Gianfelice said...

Harrison and Sawyer looked very handsome in their back to school outfits, including new backpacks. It is a sweet thought to think of them crossing eachother in the hallway. They are growing up way too fast!!!
Mom
By the way.... it is wonderful of you to keep up the traditions of first day pictures and of course, the delicious, pencil cake.

Kristi said...

I have mixed feelings about Kindergarten, it is so short it's hard to get much done while they are gone, and yet I don't think I could have sent my 5 year old to all day school.

Sawyer is suddenly looking very grown up. His smile is magic. Seriously, I smile every time I look at that happy face.

Harrison is Mr. Confidence - he looks like he is ready to take on the world!

Kristi said...

ps. I am toto impressed that you make that pencil cake every year. :)