Wednesday, June 17, 2009

last day of kindergarten

and I may or may not have cried.

The room was so bare!
My star pupil! His report card and 1st grade-readiness evaluation were both excellent!
Harrison and the Kindergarten wannabe
Harrison was called on stage at the awards ceremony today to receive a certificate for reading! Students who read over 300 books were honored. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't even turned in his reading logs for the last 3 months (slacker!) - thank goodness I didn't mess up his chances for recognition!
We are so proud of this little guy! First grade, here we come!

6 comments:

Patty Gianfelice said...

I had no doubt that Harrison would be an EXCELLENT student. This is only the beginning of may awards and certificates of recognition. He is an absolute GEM.
Love
Mom

Kristi said...

Your "kindergarten wannabe" cracks me up! Poor Sawyer. lol!

Harrison IS a super-star! I'm sure he'll wow his first-grade teacher, next year.

Happy Summertime!

Jennk said...

Super cute! Congrats, Harrison.

Freer Family said...

Hooray! What a cute student (and wannabe student). Can you believe how fast this year zoomed by?

Hilary said...

what a great reader! I hope Ella smartens up a little bit! ;0) He's so cute. Congrats on a great first year of elem school!

The Frosts said...

Woohoo Harrison! He's such a cutie. I love that our boys wore the same outfit on the last day of school! All ready for 1st grade? How is that possible?