This Summer, Harrison and I read every book in the Junie B. Jones series. And I just have to say it - I LOVE that girl. I was skeptical at first, because I'd heard Junie has a fresh mouth and uses words we don't like at our house - "stupid" for example. But you know what? If you've actually read these books for yourself and you still don't like her? I think our friendship could be in jeopardy. Wound too tightly, comes to mind for the critics.
The sad part is that nothing quite compares to her hilarity. Not Roscoe Riley, not Ready Freddy, not Nate the Great (and his freakishly illustrated neighbors) Boxcar Children or Cam Jansen (in fact, she's a bit of a snooze fest for H. and I). I hope Barbara Park will have lots more 1st grade adventures in store for Junie B. - because I tell ya, I miss that girl. And grandpa Frank Miller, and that richie Lucille - SOB!
Sawyer and I have also been exploring some new titles. If you don't have these in your toddler/preschooler collection - you should!
The sad part is that nothing quite compares to her hilarity. Not Roscoe Riley, not Ready Freddy, not Nate the Great (and his freakishly illustrated neighbors) Boxcar Children or Cam Jansen (in fact, she's a bit of a snooze fest for H. and I). I hope Barbara Park will have lots more 1st grade adventures in store for Junie B. - because I tell ya, I miss that girl. And grandpa Frank Miller, and that richie Lucille - SOB!
Sawyer and I have also been exploring some new titles. If you don't have these in your toddler/preschooler collection - you should!




6 comments:
Yay! It's good to hear a reading recommendation from you. We really liked the Roscoe Riley books that you recommended this summer! We haven't tried Junie B. yet. We're knee deep in the HP series right now and C is gobbling them up as fast as we can get through them.
I can't believe Graham is going to be here so soon! Can't wait!!!
Zoe just adores Junie B. Jones! Daddy read most of them with her, but when I had the chance to read them with her, I could hardly get through a page without stopping and laughing out loud at her wit!! SO cute! :o)
I have not read them myself but Skylar read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series this summer and loved it. I don't know that I'd go solely on his recommendation though...LOL.
We finished the Harry Potter books last month and they were amazing. My boys loved them...but not even as much as I did. These are a must read.
Right now Skylar is starting Chronicles of Narnia...I hope he'll really like those. And I am torturing everyone by reading the Little House on the Prairie books out loud every night. No one seems to love them they way that i do. Lame.
Sideways Stories from Wayside School - series. This collection grew on me. A definite must-have!
ooo, and what about good old Ramona Quimby?! She's gotta have some of the spunk left that she did when I was 8...
Cam Jansen books are really good as well.
Love all the fall decorations! Etsy is a most dangerous place!
Post a Comment