Sunday, December 20, 2009

favorite sunday of the year

I've been crying at the children's Christmas Musical for years now - long before my own kids were old enough to be on stage ringing bells and waving to their grandparents. Today was no exception!

Sawyer was almost in tears too...because he wanted to rip his "itchy" costume off at the end, but mean ole mom wanted some pictures.

His other mom, Mary, was nice enough to pose for a picture - as you can see, she too was eager to ditch her burlap headdress.

Harrison on the other hand, was all smiles, since he was chosen to be a Wise Man after the originally cast 4th grader came down with strep throat.

Harrison was also excited about his brother's role as young Jesus. In fact, he was the one who announced the news to Sawyer when the Children's Director called to ask for his participation.
Harrison - "Sawyer! Sawyer! Guess What?!
You're going to be Jesus!"
Sawyer thought about this for a moment... "but, I like being Sawyer" he announced.

Thankfully, both boys behaved as piously as their roles called for.


5 comments:

Kristi said...

what a special tradition. the boys look adorable. what a cute, cute family!!

Patty Gianfelice said...

So sad that I couldn't come and see the play in person, but the pictures are amazing, I feel like I witnessed the entire show. Can't wait to see the boys on X-Mas Eve. Love, Love, Love my adorable grandsons. My gosh, how big Graham looks in the family photo!!! He is growing before our very eyes.
Mom

Laura said...

I think it would be my favorite Sunday, too. How amazing that your boys are old enough to be in the pageant... May it travel deep into their hearts! Merry Christmas, Russell family!

The Frosts said...

cute, cute, extra cute! I love the conversation between H and S - too adorable. You just can't make this stuff up! What a wonderful tradition. And friend, you look absolutely gorgeous and fabulous in that last picture!

andrea said...

So, so cute. I can't believe they got such authentic costumes! Much better than the strips of fabric I staple together, LOL. Your boys are darling...and I could eat that baby. You look beautiful. And I hate you for it ;0)