Sunday, June 29, 2008

day of rest.

Oh please. So, we don't exactly get to rest and relax on Sunday, really the only difference is Jonathan forbids me from going to the mall...

We do have some routines for the day though, starting with matching/coordinated outfits. If my boys don't match for church it can ruin my entire day. Seriously.

After church we always stop for donuts - chocolate for Harrison and NO sprinkles. Then in the afternoon I'll take the boys to pick out a movie and we all watch it together before bed. I try to argue that if I'm frequenting the donut shop and movie store, really why should the mall be off limits? Keeping the sabbath holy is so subjective.

9 comments:

Patty Gianfelice said...

Jan, the picture of the boys is adorable. Hooray for Jonathan for the sunday Mall ban. You have an addiction my dear... you sure did NOT get that from me. It is nice to have traditions like your after chuch donuts and movie. The boys will always have that time to reminice about for years to come. Can't wait to see my two darlings tomorrow.
Love, Mom

Holly Child said...

I know what you mean on the matching outfits....it's just a must! Though I do believe I'm scarring them for life!!!

andrea said...

I hear you on the matching too. I kind of feel like my boys are getting too old for it (esp. since everyone asks if they are twins and Skylar finds that so insulting)...but I am 100% in favor of coordination. Except for Piper. That's just too hard.

Your boys are yummy. I love that their outfits fit their personalities.

And I am also with you on the Sabbath Day issue...sometimes a Diet Coke from McD's just makes me feel more reverent...even on a Sunday :0).

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Hans is 11 and Xander is 9 and they still coordinate with 6 yo Gabriel. Honestly, I don't think they notice. And it makes me happy!

The sabbath is sooooo subjective. I keep thinking about writing a children's story about that.

Kristi said...

Sunday matching is a must. Of course we are wayyy past the matchy-matchy age over here, but I still insist on complimentary/coordinating colors and outfit styles. Sick.

Your post made me LOL. Cute boys, and I love your Sunday traditions. :)

annebabe said...

i, too, am in favor of things that co-ordinate, not match. plus, the fact that i have a boy and a girl pretty much eliminates matching anything. and i try to remember the outfit rotation, like mason wore his blue pants ensemble when she wore her green dress last time. is that weird? the things we do to look our "sunday best" . . . :)

Kara said...

I am all about coordinating the kids for church, too. I wonder if I could convince Dave to get donuts after church on Sunday...After all, we are in the Nursery, so after a crazy day at church, I think I would find the donuts quite rewarding.

Jen A said...

I cannot even talk I miss you so much.....making Disney reservations and pondering my home decor is no fun without you around Janet.....sigh....poor me......sob.

yours always

e*city

p.s. come back soon
p.p.s. or you'll be sorry at Disney!

Jennk said...

I'm with Jennifer! It took me a minute to place who that is...;) (Hi Jen!)

The boys are super cute in their matching duds. H is so cooperative and photogenic. Send some of that in our direction!