Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a dutch wonderful day

Dutch Wonderland is always one of our first day trips of the Summer, I have such happy childhood memories from this park, and I know my boys will look back and feel the same!

Graham's first visit!
This year Sawyer was tall enough for all the rides, and Harrison was tall enough to be the "responsible rider" to accompany him. We all breathed a collective sigh of relief when we realized we'd be spared the nauseating spin on the Tilt-a-Wheel.
Most of the rides at Dutch Wonderland are old school.
The prizes are pretty impressive though. I mean we practically had to strap these to the roof for our ride home ;)
Harrison graciously chose to ride with me, noting that Sawyer always snubs me for dad.
Except for this one time...
At the dive show. It's the same every year, but it never gets old.
Sawyer actually pushed me out of line at the roller coaster.
Graham liked riding with dad, too.
A favorite for everyone was the water area, especially with the hundred degree temps that day!



Until next year!

5 comments:

Patty Gianfelice said...

What a GREAT trip.... the boys were on their very best behavior and what a joy to see Graham enjoy his first visit to Dutch Wonderland. Can't wait for next year's visit.
The boys are going to have a great summer and what a really nice way to start it off.
Nanny & Cappy

Tifani said...

Sarcasm suits you, Jan! :) And as much as I love the thrill rides, I always have time for an old-school swing ride. Was that one big enough for adults?

Kristi said...

Love your handsome, happy boys in their matching swim trunks.

Dutch Wonderland looks a bit like our "Lagoon."

I'm lol at their impressive prizes. I'm guessing you were able to go ahead and squeeze those babies into the car?

andrea said...

Um please tell me Graham is not STANDING there? Holy cow! How did he get so grown up so fast? You already need another baby in that cute brood of yours. Don't you think? ;0)

The Frosts said...

So fun. Please package up Graham and send him my way. He is the yummiest baby! Such a cutie pie pic of him sitting on your mom's lap. Looks like a perfect summer day to me and makes me want to go find a water park to play at.