
Chicken Noodle Casserole (move over tuna!)
12 oz. wide egg noodles, cooked according to pkg directions.
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 breasts of chicken, chopped and cooked
1/2 of a small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
fresh parsley, chopped (I didn't actually add this)
For the topping:
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Cook pasta according to package directions, set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, just a few minutes. Add flour and whisk together and let it brown a bit. Slowly add the milk and chicken broth. Cook on medium low until bubbling and the mixture starts to thicken. Add salt and pepper, chicken and noodles. Combine well.Pour into a greased casserole dish. Mix the melted butter and breadcrumbs until well combined. Sprinkle on top of the noodles. Cook in a 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are nice and toasted. Top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!


10 comments:
Mmmm that looks delicious!
Mmmm, looks good. Thanks for the recipe.
And I thought I was the only person on the planet that just can't handle leftovers. They gag me, lol. Glad to know I'm not alone. (But that doesn't stop me from feeding them to my family).
yummy! I'll have to put this in my next menu rotation. tfs!
I think you mean "chicken chests" ;)
That sounds yummy!
Yum! I've bookmarked this to try!
lol Shannon - it was a copy and paste! And I called Target about Wii's yesterday and the woman thought they would get a shipment this Sunday, so I will be there bright an early - not a problem, with my boys. Good morning, it's 5am here - sigh.
I am toto going to try this, too. Hopefully it gets eaten the first night because I am a left-overs snob, too. Ick.
Is this your picture of the meal or from the blog you found it on? I am just wondering because I think we have the same granite. :)
Oh yum! I'm putting this on next weeks menu. Thanks for sharing!
Okay, all ingrediants on my list for store! cannot wait to try!
Julie
Post a Comment